Applying for Health, Food, & Nutrition Services
EARN BENEFITS PROGRAM
With the help of our amazing volunteers and interns, this program has truly taken off and is now helping about 500 low-income individuals apply for Food Stamps, Low-Income Medicaid, and PeachCare for Kids. Would you like to get involved in providing translation and interpretation services? Get in touch with us today to see how you can get involved.
Our assistance is provided in the appropriate language of the applicant. Assistance is provided on Tuesdays by appointment only. Please call (770) 270-0663 to make an appointment.
- Proof of identity (driver's license or passport)
- Proof of citizenship or alien status (passport, cert. of naturalization, or resident card)
- Proof of all sources of income (most recent paystubs, tax return, Social Security, business records, deductions, and unemployment check)
- Proof of assets and other resources (bank statements or other financial resources)
- Proof of residence (lease contract, rent receipts, or copy of mortgage)
- Proof of other insurance
- Social Security Number
- Utility bill
- Medical bill
What is Food Stamps?
Food Stamps is a program that gives families money each month to buy nutritious food. You get an Electronic Benefit Transfer Card that you can use like a credit card at your local grocery store to buy food.
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid provides health coverage to millions of Americans, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, elderly adults and people with disabilities. Low-Income Medicaid are for adults and children who meet the standards of the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children program.
What is PeachCare for Kids?
PeachCare for Kids is a program that provides comprehensive health care to children through the age of 18 who do not qualify for Medicaid and live in households with incomes at or below 247% of the federal poverty level.